Skip to main content

Setting you free

Frozen, Jaded, Brittle and Broken
You found me
Breathed life into my lips
And warmth into my soul
Until you kindled a raging fire
That melted the ice within
And led to a warm glow
That suffused my pallid heart
And gave me a brand new start
Now, nothing can ever tear us apart
Not labels, not society
Nor unnamed fears
Or jealous tears
For once we’ve realised what we’ve found
Is precious and rare
Why would we subject it to the world’s stares
Nameless we may remain
But bound in spirit
Free to roam
Wherever we wish
I would never want to see you cry
Or writhe in pain and agony
For life is wondrous and beautiful
When love is truly set free

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Pinthecreep, honey!

A girl walks down a busy street And is leered at by some creep A catcall, a rude remark, a whistle, Making her in her discomfort, bristle Girls are often mocked and taunted And they find it hard to carry on, undaunted Let’s put an end to this #streetharassment The next time a jerk tries to act funny #pinthecreep, honey!

Gripped by Death

My body is fed eatables But that's not food for the soul My soul lies crushed Like a forgotten handkerchief  From a bygone era I feel gripped by death in every pore of my being And the negativity rises Like a wave's crest I envy those who truly live They are really blessed

#Colours

Perspectives change Over time People change their colours at will Like chameleons in the garden Or like rainbows in the sky Except that such sights in nature are a joy to behold While in humans it is not