Skip to main content

What's in a name?

When you live in society
You live with a name
My name is Aishwariya
Although I’m also called Ash, Aishu and Satya
What’s so important in a name
You may ask
And quote “A rose by any other name smells just as sweet”
To that I answer,
A name is your identity
Similarly, there are nameless relationships
These are dangerous as hell
Coz they play games with your mind
And leave you caught in a bind
Why live with this?
Seek clarity in life
Ask for what you want.
If you don’t get it, move on.
Lingering in confusion is weak
It is also the gateway to madness
Something no one needs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Pinthecreep, honey!

A girl walks down a busy street And is leered at by some creep A catcall, a rude remark, a whistle, Making her in her discomfort, bristle Girls are often mocked and taunted And they find it hard to carry on, undaunted Let’s put an end to this #streetharassment The next time a jerk tries to act funny #pinthecreep, honey!

Gripped by Death

My body is fed eatables But that's not food for the soul My soul lies crushed Like a forgotten handkerchief  From a bygone era I feel gripped by death in every pore of my being And the negativity rises Like a wave's crest I envy those who truly live They are really blessed

#Colours

Perspectives change Over time People change their colours at will Like chameleons in the garden Or like rainbows in the sky Except that such sights in nature are a joy to behold While in humans it is not