Skip to main content

An argument



Words sit on the tip of my tongue

Not quite rolling off as they normally would

Coz I'm trying to weigh them

Instead of having them flung

Upon you like a sheet of water

You looking meek

Like a lamb at slaughter

I just couldn't do it anymore

Coz I knew it tore

The very fiber of your being

And for me it was just a matter

Of avoiding a scene

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The role of a creative soul

Having a creative soul Is a double-edged sword While it may bestow on its owner Proficiency with words, Only the individual knows what it’s like To feel so strongly and hurt inside. But the story I tell Has to be about things turning out well Else you may close your eyes and ears To shut out the vehemence Calling it rebellion Because victims are not appealing Who wants to hear about a glass ceiling? Or #mansplaining No one cares about your feelings! When blood spatters On the inside of your TV screen You close your eyes and scream But there are millions of human beings Slaughtered every day And what about animals? Where do I begin? What is the definition of an animal anyway? A little lamb gamboling on your garden? Or a terrorist dropping bombs on innocent civilians? #YouDecide Once you make up your mind That there’s sickness that’s rife The question will arise What can you do to create change? It’s more than a hashtag ...

Dementors

The dementors are always waiting, watching For the slightest chink in my armor They are merciless and soul-sucking I've been in their path before They reinforce my deepest fears And try to grab me in their 'dread' hold Cloaked in black, they prey on me Much like the grim reaper would If he were at my threshold. They turn my life essence to ash And my will to live to naught To overcome them takes a lot.

Writing Poetry

Writing does calm me I tend to get so emotional My heart is like glass It breaks if there's a high decibel Inside my head or in the vicinity My hate for the human race Does abate No thanks to any 'human' Instead to the word, written It's like a blessing from a sentient being That falls upon my ears From deep within