Skip to main content

Gripped by Death

My body is fed eatables
But that's not food for the soul
My soul lies crushed
Like a forgotten handkerchief 
From a bygone era
I feel gripped by death
in every pore of my being
And the negativity rises
Like a wave's crest
I envy those who truly live
They are really blessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Poetry

Writing does calm me I tend to get so emotional My heart is like glass It breaks if there's a high decibel Inside my head or in the vicinity My hate for the human race Does abate No thanks to any 'human' Instead to the word, written It's like a blessing from a sentient being That falls upon my ears From deep within

Glasses tinted blue

They always talk about rose-tinted glasses That place the blame squarely on 'you' What people underestimate Are the blue-tinted ones Placed by someone else on you That obscure your view of the world And make sadness true for you I tweeted this poem to @ RealisticPoetry  in response to a picture prompt. Picture source

The role of a creative soul

Having a creative soul Is a double-edged sword While it may bestow on its owner Proficiency with words, Only the individual knows what it’s like To feel so strongly and hurt inside. But the story I tell Has to be about things turning out well Else you may close your eyes and ears To shut out the vehemence Calling it rebellion Because victims are not appealing Who wants to hear about a glass ceiling? Or #mansplaining No one cares about your feelings! When blood spatters On the inside of your TV screen You close your eyes and scream But there are millions of human beings Slaughtered every day And what about animals? Where do I begin? What is the definition of an animal anyway? A little lamb gamboling on your garden? Or a terrorist dropping bombs on innocent civilians? #YouDecide Once you make up your mind That there’s sickness that’s rife The question will arise What can you do to create change? It’s more than a hashtag ...